The Certified Composites Technician Advanced Composites program (CCT-AC) was developed in 2017 by advanced composites industry manufacturing, repair and standards professionals. It provides a national composites certification standard to meet industry identified skill areas for current and future advanced composites professionals.
Applicants much meet one of the following prerequisites prior to enrolling in the course; proof of requirement is submitted via document upload after enrollment and is verified by ACMA staff within two weeks. Topics for the prerequisites must match those listed in the Advanced Composites Body of Knowledge. Enrolled candidates with receive online study resources, ACMA Basic Composites Book and Body of Knowledge. Other texts and review material are not included in enrollment but the responsibility of the candidate. Before enrolling please meet one of these three prerequisites:
- One or more years of employer-documented experience in manufacturing and/or repair of advanced composites.
- Military composites experience and documented airframe training.
- 35+ hours of practical hands-on training classes from an approved institution from the list of verified prerequisite training programs below.
ACMA verified prerequisite training programs:
- ABARIS Training; Reno, NV [M-1/R-1] Phase 1 Required Pre requisite, [M-2] Manufacturing 2 recommended.
- Davis Technology College, Kaysville, UT
- Guilford Technical Community College; Greensboro, NC
- Salt Lake Community College; Salt Lake City
Review the Advanced Composites Body of Knowledge.